Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Tensions run high!

Mike told Vic about the blog and Vic then took exception to the reference about 'Russian Fuck' and challenged me on it. I said that given his last name was 'Levashoff' I saw no issue. This riled him even further. Vic then accused me of mis- organising the whole trip. I thought this was a tad harsh. Sure, we ended up walking 10 hours today but I was acting under Vic's instructions. He told me the places to book. I had no say. In fact, it was really I that should have had the grievance but generously dropped the matter. 

In terms of the hike it seems we are in the 2% of hikers who carry their own bags on this coast to coast walk and that we are the first hikers to come from Stonewaithe this year. Which makes us super heroes in a way. Or complete idiots. If it had rained we'd have been in real trouble and I would have had to kill Vic with a sharpened pencil and eat him. And, by the by, we are in Patterdale which is where St. Patrick is reported to have come back after bringing Christianity to Ireland. A lot of the locals think this is a bunch of crap and that he never set foot in the place. Who knows?  Maybe we will never know... This is Vic scaling new heights.




No comments:

Post a Comment